Located on Avenue L in the center of the Paramount lot, Technicolor Sound is spread over three floors and 65,000 square feet. It has been meticulously designed with attention paid to every detail. Optimum acoustics are available on the stages, as well as worldwide connectivity capabilities through the Technicolor Production Network (TPN). Our aim is simple: provide our clients the most comfortable and immersive work environment in Hollywood. Technicolor at Paramount is designed to be completely compatible from stage to stage, giving you the greatest flexibility in moving your project throughout our entire facility.
- Our two flagship theatres feature Euphonix System 5 consoles with Eucon hybrid protocol
- Both stages are capable of mixing multiple sound formats, including IMAX, Atmos and Auro
- Each room is custom designed with six sound editorial work stations
- Adjacent to each stage are five editorial suites, private client lounges, a conference room and a kitchen
- We are fully compliant with MPAA security guidelines
- Our facility includes:
- 9 high-tech mix stages
- 2 ADR stages
- 1 Foley stage
- Sound design and editorial suites
- DVD audio and restoration rooms
- 2 layback rooms
- 1 source connect listening room
- Numerous client lounges and kitchens
The heart of our facility is our tremendous team of artists who create the sound of imagination and push the envelope whenever possible. Our talent have collaborated with the top directors and producers in the theatrical and broadcast world and have been honored with a number of Academy Awards, Emmys, Cinema Audio Society Awards and MPSE Golden Reels.
Click the names below to learn more about our talent.
SOUND RE-RECORDING MIXERS
* Scott Millan * Anna Behlmer * Greg Russell * Andre Perrault * Ken Burton * Joseph Earle * Doug Andham * Pete Elia * Kevin Roache * Adam Sawelson * Bob Lacivita * Terry Porter * Adam Jenkins * Kurt Kassulke * Joe DeAngelis * Ken Kobett * Marc Fishman * Craig Mann *
SUPERVISING SOUND EDITORS
* David Beadle * John Benson * Patrick Hogan * Fred Judkins * Stuart Martin * Marla McGuire * Gary Megregian * Robb Navrides * Bob Newlan * Brad North * Lauren Stephens * Michael Ferdie * Andrew Dawson * Robert Ulrich * Rod O'Brien * Michael Wilhoit * Walt Bost * Michael Benavente * Elliott Koretz * Ben Wilkins *
* Judah Getz *
* Antony Zeller *
At Technicolor, our offering of sound services will help bring your vision to life.
- Re-Recording Mixing – 9 stages of various sizes to accommodate any project, plus editing rooms and client lounges
- Remote Picture QC – Capability to receive and playback work-in-progress footage from outside post houses (VFX, DI), in real time within all sound mixing environments. All screens are calibrated by Technicolor's color science team, including one stage outfitted with a perforated silver screen.
- ADR & Foley – 2 large ADR stages and 1 Foley stage, giving our award-winning Foley artists access to multiple surfaces, water tanks, sound isolation booths, and wide array of props
- Sound Design & Editorial – 10 sound design rooms and 20 sound editorial rooms
- Transfer & Layback – Equipped to handle all the latest multi-format audio needs
- Other Services:
- DVD Audio & Restoration
- Remote audio installation at any location worldwide for mixing, sound editorial and ADR
Contacts & Directions
Technicolor at Paramount
5555 Melrose Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90038
Theatrical Sales Theatrical Sales Broadcast Sales
Mike Rizzuto Shirene Said Mark Kaplan
323.956.7231 323.956.7331 323.956.7010
ADR / Foley / Broadcast Scheduling Theatrical Scheduling
Andrea Metty Sergio Silva Shelly Hovland
323.956.7223 323.956.7222 323.956.7013
When pulling up to the Melrose Gate, please give your identification to the security guard so that your name can be located in Paramount’s gate pass system. A pass will be printed for you and a guard will provide directions to the Visitor Parking Lot where self-parking and valet parking are available.
Click HERE for directions
Turn up the volume and click 'play' – these are just a few of our recently completed projects.
Beyond sound, Technicolor offers an array of post-production services at locations around the globe, providing the resources you need to successfully complete your projects.
- Animation & Games
- Front End
- Picture Post
- Sound Post
- Mastering & Versioning
- Digital Distribution
- Blu-ray & DVD Services
We are anywhere you need us to be; contact us for more information.