Offering the finest and most diverse finishing talent in the business, Technicolor continues its nearly century-long legacy for getting the best tools and talent into the hands of the world’s celebrated story tellers.
At Technicolor, our world-renowned colorists perfect the looks of many of the greatest shows on television. Click the names below to learn more about each of our colorists:
* Darin Wooldridge * Gareth Cook * Jason Fabbro * Michael Hatzer * Mike Sowa * Mike Underwood * Roy Vasich * Scott Klein * Skip Kimball * Sparkle * Steve Scott * Tim Vincent * Tony Dustin * Wayne Hampton *
Picture Services Offering
- On-location services
- DP Lights v2.0™
- Color grading
- Tech-2-Tech (remote color grading)
- TV spot finishing
- Editorial finish
- Digital mastering
- Digital distribution
- Asset management
- Quality control
- Closed captioning
- DVD/BD C&A
With dedicated resources and a team of visual effects artists, Technicolor Hollywood’s VFX group specializes in 2D and Stereo compositing. Easily able to integrate our robust VFX offering into your workflow and across all of our post services, our team collaboratively works with you to ensure photo-realistic and seamless effects no matter which camera format or workflow is utilized, or final look desired.
Meet our team of talented VFX artists below:
VFX Compositing Services
- Green & blue screen composites
- Motion graphic design
- Particle creation
- Beauty enhancements
- Rig removal
- Split screens
- Set extensions
- Motion estimation
- Matte painting
- Stereo eye balancing
- 2D & 3D Titles
- Environmental effects
- 2D & 3D tracking
- 2D texturing & lighting
- CG compositing & seamless element integration
- On-set supervision & consulting
At Technicolor, our offering of sound services will help bring your vision to life.
- Re-Recording Mixing – 9 stages of various sizes to accommodate any project, plus editing rooms and client lounges
- Remote Picture QC – Capability to receive and playback work-in-progress footage from outside post houses (VFX, DI), in real time within all sound mixing environments. All screens are calibrated by Technicolor's color science team, including one stage outfitted with a perforated silver screen.
- ADR & Foley – 2 large ADR stages and 1 Foley stage, giving our award-winning Foley artists access to multiple surfaces, water tanks, sound isolation booths, and wide array of props
- Sound Design & Editorial – 10 sound design rooms and 20 sound editorial rooms
- Transfer & Layback – Equipped to handle all the latest multi-format audio needs
- Other Services:
- DVD Audio & Restoration
- Remote audio installation at any location worldwide for mixing, sound editorial and ADR
Beyond broadcast, Technicolor offers an array of post-production services at locations around the globe, providing the resources you need to successfully complete your projects.
- Animation & Games
- Front End
- Picture Post
- Sound Post
- Mastering & Versioning
- Digital Distribution
- Blu-ray & DVD Services
We are anywhere you need us to be; contact us for more information.
For 100 years, Technicolor has been at the forefront of entertainment technology. Here are a few of the new innovations we're excited about:
DP Lights v2.0 – Control the color pipeline with your fingertips.
Custom iPad Interface
A complete stills store
ASC CDL & ACES compatibility
Displays camera metadata
4K & UltraHD
2015 will be a year of major change for televisions. With the proliferation of 4K UltraHD devices and new displays will come major evolutions in luminance (High Dynamic Range) and color space (wider color gamuts beyond the current broadcast specification – REC709). Fortunately, Technicolor has the color scientists and proven workflows to handle all of your 4k and next generation imaging needs, ensuring your show looks its absolute best.
- 4K UltraHD offers four times the resolution of 1080p video for crisper images.
- High Dynamic Range grading takes advantage of brighter televisions with much higher contrast, and Technicolor has developed a range of HDR creation tools to match any budget.
- Because modern displays feature more colors than the content industry has been creating, Technicolor has created wider color gamut grading, so you can release content with significantly more colors for a more engaging consumer experience.
- Faster Frame Rates for smoother motion, especially in fast-moving action scenes and sports
- Color Depth with more bits per pixel, allowing for sharper colors and higher precision
- 3D Audio surrounds and immerses the viewer with audio coming from all directions, including from above.
Contact your Technicolor sales representative to hear more about our new products for dynamic range and color grading launching in 2015.
Meet Our Team
The heart of each Technicolor facility is our tremendous team of professionals who are dedicated to bringing stories to life. Our team is comprised of the world’s most talented and award-winning colorists, mixers, editors, and VFX artists.
Learn more about our fantastic talent HERE
And for your viewing pleasure - click 'play' to watch our second annual Technicolor team video!